HPC and Cloud Infrastructure
Currently our primary system is Marconi, a 512 core cluster from Penguin Computing.
- 32 nodes, each node has two 8-core AMD CPU’s running at 3.0-3.6 Ghz.
- 3 TB of Total memory: half of the nodes have 64 GB and half have 128GB.
- Connected with Quad Data Rate (QDR) Infiniband at 40 Gigabits per second.
- This system is capable of 6.1 Teraflops.
New arrival: 64 core/512GB cloud node. Capable of running up to 512 Virtual Machines (VM’s)
HPC & Cloud Storage Capacity
Marconi Primary storage is a 77 TB Dot Hill 3533 system that serves data via NFS over the Infiniband network for excellent performance.
Each of the 32 nodes also has a 1TB hard disk that is mounted at /scratch for cases where local disk accesses is helpful.
100 TB of backup and nearline storage.
250 TB usable storage
As usage on the system grows, so will the system.
Provides computational power utilizing a GPU
- Penguin Altus 2850 GTi GPU node
- nVidia Tesla M2090 GPU: 1.3 Tflops
- 16 AMD Opteron cores: 3.2-3.8 Ghz
- 64 GB memory
Shared Memory system
The SGI Altix 3700 BX2 system is in operation. This system has 64 1600 Mhz Itanium2 processors and 256 GB of RAM in a single OS image. While this is a fairly old system it still competes well with the latest systems when running some applications. Particularly with large models that have a lot of communication between processes. This system is not heavily used right now so we keep it powered off until someone wants to use it. Please send an email to Steve Cousins to request that this system to be powered up.
All Systems are connected with Quad Data Rate (QDR) Infiniband at 40 Gigabits per second
Some of the latest stats for this cluster are here